I am from quote cards on the counter,
and candles that never give flame.
I am from crispy yellow grass underneath my feet
that pokes me as I run and jump.
I am from hammocks that don't match in the slightest,
yet seem all the same.
I am from games of hopscotch in the day,
and Laser Tag at night.
I am from "I love you a MILLION Swedish Fish!"
I am from Charlotte and Richard.
I am from Jim and Judy who went separate ways,
but brought new delights to our family.
I am from music that reaches the ears
to bring memories from the past, feelings of the present,
and ideas for the future.
I am from enchiladas made with an effort from everyone,
that bring the taste of spice, along with pride.
I am from family, in which memories lie,
giving inspiration in times of struggle.
I am from hope to make it through the struggles,
and faith to lift me above, where I can fly.
~Hannah Jo
An English project, very anticipated
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow. I love it! Excellent work. I could agree with almost everything on there!
ReplyDeleteyay! I got an A on it too :)
ReplyDelete